Development Applications | AlburyCity
Site Search
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

Read the latest update regarding our response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.

Read more

Development Applications

Is a formal request to us for consent to carry out your proposed development. You’ll need to apply for a DA if your proposal doesn’t meet the standards set out for exempt or complying development.

Before you construct, make changes or occupy a building in our city, you may need to lodge a Development Application (DA) with us for assessment. A DA is a formal request for consent to carry out your proposed development including:

  • construction of a new building
  • alterations and additions to an existing building
  • changing the use of land
  • subdividing the land
  • carrying out landscaping or other work

A DA is assessed based on its merits and should align to the development standards, controls and provisions as set out in our:

Upon a satisfactory assessment outcome of your proposed development, we’ll issue a Development Consent under Section 4.18 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 which will outline conditions you’ll need to meet.

To commence construction, you should be aware that you’ll also need to obtain a Construction Certificate.

  • Pre-lodgement appointments keyboard_arrow_right
    For large or more complex developments that may have a significant environmental impact, it’s a good idea to make an appointment with one of our planners by calling 02 6023 8111.

    This will help to identify any development constraints and provide advice so that it can be addressed before a formal DA is lodged.
Prepare my application

You've identified that you'll need to submit a development application for your proposed works. Find out how to apply and what supporting information you'll need to submit.

Related Pages
Never miss an update
* We'll never share your email with third parties