Site Search

What approvals do I need

There are many factors that determine which assessment pathway you take for your proposed development. Find out what approvals you require.

Exempt Development

Many minor and low-impact works don’t need development or construction approval, find out if your development is exempt from council approval.

Learn More
Complying Development

Is a fast-track approval process for straightforward residential, commercial and industrial development.

Learn More
Development Applications

Is a formal request to us for consent to carry out your proposed development. You’ll need to apply for a DA if your proposal doesn’t meet the standards set out for exempt or complying development.

Learn More
Construction Certificates and PCA Appointment

After you’ve obtained a DA, you'll need to obtain a Construction Certificate to commence building works.

Learn More

After you’ve obtained a DA, find out what other approvals you'll need for your proposed subdivision and civil works.

Learn More
Plumbing and Onsite Sewage Management Approvals

If you're planning any plumbing works as part of your development you'll most likely need a plumbing approval.

Learn More