Plumbing Approvals | AlburyCity
Site Search
Have you been impacted by bushfires?

Read our guide for information on the assistance available to you

Plumbing Approvals

If you're planning any plumbing works as part of your development you'll most likely need a plumbing approval.

A plumbing approval is required to carry out water, sewerage and stormwater works to a property and must be obtained before a plumber starts work on any job.

Application process

You can apply for a plumbing approval by downloading the application form, completing and lodging it upon payment at our Kiewa Street office. You'll need to with your application:

  • Site plan - indicating all levels, existing structures and vegetation
  • BASIX certificate - where relevant
  • Floor plan - existing and proposed works shown separately
  • Hydraulic design - for larger commerical projects

Applications are generally processed and issued within 5 working days from the date of system lodgement or with the Development Consent where relevant.

Before any plumbing works are started, you'll need to submit a Notice of Work at least 2 working days prior.

A Sewer Service Diagram and Certificate of Compliance must be submitted to before a final inspection is booked and carried out. This information is required to undertake the inspection.

Please ensure your Plumbing Approval number is included on all documentation.


The cost to provide a plumbing approval can be viewed in our fees and charges.

Related Pages
Never miss an update
* We'll never share your email with third parties