Site Search

Lodge my application

Find out our requirements for lodging your development application and how to submit it to us.

To lodge your Development Application (DA) or Complying Development Certificate (CDC) application with us, you'll need to apply online through the NSW Planning Portal. To get started, create an ePlanning account.

Development Applications

For Development Applications, you need to ensure you have all required documentation ready to submit as outlined in prepare my application. This includes:

  • Consent of all property owners or a company director
  • A set of legible scaled plans including:
    • Locality Plan
    • Site Plan
    • Floor Plan
    • Elevations
    • Subdivision Plan - if applicable
    • Shadow diagrams - if applicable
  • A Statement of Environmental Effects
  • A BASIX Certificate - if applicable
  • Any additional information as requested by us

Lodge online via the NSW Planning Portal

Application review

We'll review your application and let you know via your ePlanning account if any further details or information are required. It’s important to understand that all required information must be provided so that we’re able to undertake assessment.

Payment of fees

Once your application is ready to lodge into our system for assessment, we'll get in touch to arrange payment of fees by credit card (or invoice to existing debtor account).

Acknowledgment and notification

Once your Development Application has been lodged into our system, we’ll send an acknowledgment letter detailing your application number. Your proposal may be advertised, publicly notified and will then be queued with the relevant officer ready for assessment.

Some Development Applications, if they comply with our Community Participation Plan may be exempt from neighbour notification. Carefully read the requirements for exemption, if you wish to apply for exemption, simply complete the Neighbour Notification Exemption Form and upload completed form with the rest of your application documentation on the NSW Planning Portal.

  • All post-consent certificate (as listed below) can be applied for online via the NSW Planning Portal. Simply select the relevant application/s you wish to apply for once you've logged into your ePlanning account.

    • Construction Certificates (CC)
    • Principal Certifier Appointments (PCA)
    • Occupation Certificates (OC)
    • Subdivision Works Certificates (SWC)
    • Subdivision Certificates (SC)

    If you require an additional type of approval such as a Water Connection or Crossing Permit, simply complete the relevant application form and upload as part of your online application via the NSW Planning Portal.

  • Owners Consent keyboard_arrow_right
  • Find out more keyboard_arrow_right

    If you have any questions, get in touch with our City Development Administration team on 02 6023 8111 or email

Lodge your application online... Apply anywhere, anytime - submit your application online through the NSW Planning Portal. Submit my application

Requests for further information

Depending on your type of application, you may need to submit additional information to enable us to assess your application. This can be the case particularly with large scale or complex development proposals. We'll let you know what's required and why.

We also may get in touch to request further information as a result of issues raised during public notification and the assessment process. Once the further information is received, the assessment and determination of your application can continue.

It's important that you respond to any request and advise of any delay or difficulty in responding to the issues raised. If we don't receive a response, it may lead to an unfavourable decision.

Related Pages