We recognise the important role that cultural activity makes in supporting a diverse and healthy economy in the region.
In 2017 we adopted a Creative Economy Strategy that outlines an ambitious vision for the support and growth of our local cultural industry.
The strategy includes actions across a number of key areas;
- Networking and Collaboration
- Professional development
- Creative Hubs and Physical Spaces
- Access to funding and investment
- Multi-Arts Festival
- Enriching and promoting the city brand
- CBD and city precinct activation
- Council-owned creative assets
- Aboriginal Creative Sector development