AlburyCity, in partnership with Albury Business Connect, have launched the My Local Pledge campaign to encourage our community to support our local businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly those impacted by the stay-at-home orders.
The giveaway component of the campaign will run from Monday 1 November to Friday 31 December 2021. Each week, two winners will receive a giveaway valued at $100 thanks to AlburyCity and Albury Business Connect. The giveaways will include a $100 giveaway from a local business and a $100 AlburyCBD gift voucher.
To enter simply make a pledge to support a local business and post to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter. Your pledge can be via video, photo, graphic or a written comment. To be eligible, you must include the hashtag #MyLocalPledge and tag @AlburyCity and @Albury Business Connect.
By entering the Promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
PROMOTERS: Albury City Council, 553 Kiewa Street Albury (ABN 92 965 474 349), in partnership with Albury Business Connect, Suite 6, 512 Swift Street, Albury NSW 2640 (ABN: 22 059 035 915).
Giveaway rules, terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If an entrant is under 18 years of age, they must get approval from their parent/guardian before they enter and if they will be under 18 years of age on the date a prize is awarded, it will be awarded to their parent/guardian. By approving the entrant's participation or by accepting any prize on the entrant's behalf, the entrant's parent/guardian accepts these conditions.
- The Promoters reserve to right to re-share and re-publish videos, photos, graphics or comments accompanied with #MyLocalPledge.
- Entrants must follow all government COVID restrictions and not engage in any illegal or unsafe behaviour whilst participating in the giveaway. To the extent allowable by law, the Promoters and their partners exclude any legal liability or responsibility for legal or otherwise incidents or activities engaged in by the winner during participation in the giveaway.
- The Promoters have the right to exclude any entries that may negatively impact their reputation including, but not limited to, pornographic images, racial messages, offensive language and images depicting drugs and alcohol.
- Only one (1) entry per person will be entered into the giveaway draw each week.
- Entry is open to residents of the Albury Local Government Area (“Albury LGA”) and those who work in the Albury LGA.
- Albury City Councils Council’s Executive Leadership Team, employees of the Economic Development team and their immediate family members as defined by the Local Government (State) Award are not eligible to enter. Albury Business Connect employees and board members are not eligible to enter.
- The winners must sign a declaration stating that they are not family members of Albury City Council’s Executive Leadership Team, its Economic Development team or an Albury Business Connect employee or board member.
- Albury City Council and Albury Business Connect reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating at the sole discretion of the Albury City Council’s Chief Executive Officer. Albury City Council also reserves the right to not award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these T&Cs. The decision of Albury City Council’s Chief Executive Officer is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The giveaway prize winners will be selected at random on Monday of each week by those who posted a pledge in the previous week between Monday at 12.00am and Sunday at 11.59pm.
- To win a prize, your entry must include the #MyLocalPledge hashtag and tag AlburyCity and Albury Business Connect.
- Prize winners will be contacted to be provided with their prize directly via the social media channel they posted their pledge to.
- Each weekly giveaway Prize will be valued at a minimum of $100 and be purchased from a business within the Albury LGA or be an AlburyCBD gift card. Prizes will be purchased from a variety of businesses linked to the weekly campaign themes assigned. Businesses can register their interest in supplying a prize by emailing email@example.com.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner agrees to be interviewed, photographed, filmed at a time and date or supply photographs and comments when redeeming the prize as determined by the Promoters, to be used by the Promoters or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and pitched to media or featured on the promoter’s website or their social media pages (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the winner. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoters at all times.
- The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including proof of residency or place of work) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.1
- All Prizes must be taken as offered. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The Prize is valued in Australian dollars.
- AlburyCBD gift card terms and conditions are available on the AlburyCBD website.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoters, then the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
- In the event that a Prize, or part of a Prize, is unavailable, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize in its discretion with an alternative Prize or part of the Prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
- If a winner does not claim their prize within 10 business days after being notified, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner may be chosen or drawn.
- Any cost associated with entering the Promotion or accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoters reserve the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoters are not liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant or third party, including but not limited to, direct or consequential loss, as a result of entering or participating in the Promotion including cancelling the Promotion, or in connection with the redemption or use of any prize.
- The Promoters reserve the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel the Promotion without further recourse to the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Any personal information collected by Council and Albury Business Connect for the purposes of this Promotion will be treated in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries and will determine if an entry is eligible at its absolute discretion with no legal liability.
- The Promoters may change the package prize at its absolute discretion for a prize of approximate equal or greater retail value with no legal liability.
AlburyCity and Albury Business Connect committed to protecting your privacy. All entries in the MyLocalPledge promption (the Promotion) will be assessed by AlburyCity and Albury Business Connect in order to determine the promotion winners. Winners will receive a direct message via their social media account in order to collect their prize. Winning entries, including the personal information contained within them, may be published on AlburyCity or Albury Business Connect social media accounts for the purpose of promoting the Promotion. If you do not want your entry to appear on the AlburyCity or Albury Business Connect social media accounts please advise AlburyCity immediately upon being advised that you are a winning entrant. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. If you wish to alter any of the personal information you have supplied, please call AlburyCity on 02 6023 8111.