The Albury Botanic Garden is open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.
- 8.30am until sunset
- Closed every Wednesday except during NSW School Holidays (to rest garden and dinosaurs)
- Closed for eight weeks – Renovation Period (from the start of Term 3 – NSW School Term)
Entry to the Albury Botanic Gardens is free
Toilet facilities are located at:
- At the main entrance gates, Wodonga Place, Albury NSW 2640
- Children's garden
Albury Botanic Gardens is easily accessible by road, rail or air, allowing you to choose your own path.
Albury Airport is conveniently located 5km from the city centre and offers over 160 direct flights weekly to and from Sydney and Melbourne. Regional Express, QantasLink and Virgin Australia service the airport.
Charter services for corporate groups and individuals are also available to and from Albury Airport through Forest Air and Smartair.
Rail and coach
Located just one block from the Albury city centre, the Railway Precinct acts as the city’s transport hub. NSW TrainLink and V/Line have a number of daily rail services connecting Albury with Melbourne and Sydney.
Located within the Sydney – Melbourne – Canberra triangle, Albury is an easy drive from major capital cities along the M31 Hume Motorway. For those outside of the capital cities, the Riverina, Olympic and Murray Valley Highways all lead to Albury.
At the Albury Botanic Gardens we are committed to providing equitable access to all and actively work to identify and remove barriers to access and inclusion across all areas of the organisation's operations.
Walkers, motorised and manual wheelchairs are welcome in the gardens and on all guided tours. All areas of Albury Botanic Gardens are accessible by walker and wheelchair excluding the Residence and depot buildings, which are historic buildings with narrow entrances.
Motorised wheelchairs can access lawn areas but please take care after wet weather or watering.
Accessible car parking is available at several points around the Garden. Please view the Albury Botanic Gardens Map for exact locations.
The locations of accessible toilets are marked on our Albury Botanic Gardens Map.
If you are planning to bring in a group that has particular access requirements, or if you would like further information about accessibility at the Gardens, please contact the Gardens Office on 02 6043 5699.
Help us protect the Albury Botanic Gardens
- Please leave the Gardens as you found them so that everyone may enjoy our beautiful collection.
- Please draw, or take photographs of your favourite flowers and plants for a lasting souvenir.
- We invite you to picnic on the lawns, smell the flowers and talk to the animals!
- Be safe in the Gardens. Walk on the paths and look out for those less sure-footed than you.
- To encourage native wildlife in the Gardens to eat a healthy natural diet, please do not feed them.
- To discourage animals that damage the collection there are no rubbish bins in the Gardens - please take your rubbish home with you or use the bins in the car park.
- To protect our special collection the following are not permitted within the Gardens: ball games, frisbees, kites, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, BBQs and fires.
- Domestic pets, including dogs (other than those registered to assist a visually impared person), are not permitted in the Gardens.
- Horses are not permitted in the Gardens.