Borrow a 'Save Power Kit" from the LibraryMuseum or Lavington Library and identify the biggest users of electricity in your home. The kit provides simple actions for saving power, saving money and reducing your impact on the environment.
Each kit contains:
- a power meter to measure your energy consumption and tell you the running costs of your appliances
- an infrared thermometer to measure your fridge, freezer and hot water temperatures
- a compass to work out the orientation of your home for identifying passive solar heating and cooling opportunities
- a stopwatch to measure your shower and tap flow rates
- instructions on using the equipment and worksheets to calculate your home energy efficiency
- a Home Energy Action Plan to record the actions you can take to save energy and reduce your energy bills