If you have a passion to do something in your community, and be a part of a group that wants to work together to make Albury a better place for young people to live, apply for our Youth Council.
Our Youth Councillors are given many opportunities to improve their leadership skills, develop a greater understanding of the community and work together on projects. Importantly, they also act as a youth voice within AlburyCity.
Who is eligible?
Anyone between the ages of 12 and 18 is eligible to apply.
What do you do?
As part of the Youth Council, you represent and advocate for young people in our community; build awareness and educate the wider community on youth related issues; and provide direction and make responsible decisions on behalf of young people and the wider community.
What are the hours required?
We require you to be available on Wednesday afternoons between 4:30pm – 6:00pm (not including NSW school holidays).
There may also be other meetings and commitments as required.
What are the objectives of the Youth Council?
- Represent and raise the profile of the young people within the community.
- Provide a recognised link between young people, the City of Albury and the general community.
- Provide and receive information through networks with local high schools, TAFE, University and existing youth services.
- Identify gaps within the system in relation to youth programs and fill them.
- Foster understanding and promote Youth issues to both Local Government and the general community.
- Assist the City of Albury Council in the formulation of policy on youth affairs.
- Foster a sense of community and to advance the needs of young people in the Albury area.
How do I nominate myself?
Complete the nomination form and return to us by Friday 28 February 2020.