Since 2014 the committee has been focusing on raising community awareness of sustainability and environmental issues. It contributes to our community awareness program on biodiversity and vegetation management; sustainable transport; energy, water and waste management; liveable communities and healthy lifestyle; climate change and adaptation; and how we can engage with the community, including the business sector.
Results from our work in these areas are released each year in our Annual Report.
- Identify and discuss sustainability ideas and issues that relate to Albury
- Enable collaborative approaches in the Albury community on sustainability and the environment
- Enable AlburyCity to monitor community views on sustainability and the environment and to incorporate them in its community awareness program.
What members are responsible for
- Using their networks to collect views from the Albury community on sustainability and the environment
- Contributing to committee discussions on how these perspectives can be brought into the Community Awareness Program
- Participating in a joint effort to raise community awareness of sustainability and environmental issues.
Meetings and membership changes
The sustainability advisory committee meets bimonthly. To request minutes of the meetings contact us.
Every two years we review committee membership and invite expressions of interest in becoming a member from the community.