At the Council meeting on Monday 27 April, AlburyCity Councillors decided to implement a range of measures to assist our community.
We have compiled a summary of the immediate relief and support relevant to businesses below:
- Regular business updates via the Albury Business Newsletter including government support available
- One-on-one appointments with our Economic Development team to discuss the Local, State and Federal Government assistance available. Bookings here
- Our revenue team are providing personal service to those members of the community requesting advice/guidance and assistance to transition to payment plans.
- Restaurants automatically authorised to transition to takeaway operations during period of closure.
- No new debt recovery action to be taken on overdue rates and water notices from 1 April to 1 October 2020
- Refund the $77 per chair for outdoor dining for the period 1 April – 30 June 2020
- Defer payments due on commercial lease/licences (Council premises) for the period 1 April – 1 October, with 0% interest applied to late payment, on request
- Apply the Mandatory Code of Conduct – SME Commercial Leasing Principles during COVID-19, subject to adoption by the NSW Government
- Refund development application fees where Development Applications submitted from 1 January 2020 are withdrawn due to COVID-19.
In addition to the above, Council endorsed the draft budget for community consultation which included the following proposed measures for the 2020/21 financial year:
- Decrease of $40 per property to Domestic Waste Charges for 2020/21
- Major investments in sports and community facilities, to help prime the local economy, create jobs and stimulate economy recovery
- Zero increase to water and waste water charges 2020/21
- Zero increase to Waste Management Centre charges
- Zero increase in all existing non-statutory fees and charges
- 0% interest applied to overdue rates from 1 April to 1 October 2020, on request
- Apply $0 per chair fee for Outdoor Dining in 2020/21
- VisitAlburyWodonga Destination Marketing Activation Program
This draft budget provides help to our community to deal with the immediate pressures of the COVID-19 crisis while focusing strongly on building an even better city in the “new normal” once the emergency is over.
The draft budget is now on public display on our website until Friday 29 May 2020 and community members are invited to provide their feedback. You can have your say here.
We look forward to working with our business community over the coming months.