The draft budget includes the one-year operational plan, four-year delivery program and long term financial plan.
- View the Draft Budget Delivery Program and Operational Plan papers
- View the Draft Budget public presentation
You can read more about the projects we’ll be funding in 2020-21, or see a snapshot below of the draft budget highlights:
Key items of the draft budget include:
- $16.9M on water and sewerage, including the replacement of water and sewer mains across the city and the extension of the mains in Thurgoona
- $10.2M on improvements to our roads and footpaths
- $3.9M for the construction of the Albury Riverside Precinct, and
- $3.3M for improvements at the Albury Waste Management Centre
Major investments in sports and community facilities will include:
- $2.6M for construction of the Albury Regional Skate Park
- $1.1M for the ongoing redevelopment of Lavington Sports Ground
- $1.1M for the upgrade of change rooms and public toilets at Thurgoona Sportsground
- $1.1M for the construction of the Wonga Wetlands Visitors Education Centre
- $410,000 for the Mungabareena Aboriginal Place Management Plan Implementation Project
- $402,000 for improvements at Greenfield Park
- $400,000 for the Ernest Grant Park Play Space, and,
- $200,000 for the Murray Park Play Space Construction
Upcoming Community information Sessions
Due to current social distancing restrictions, our community information sessions will be held online on the following dates:
Note: Attendees will not be able to use their Microphone or Webcam – the Q&A function will be available to ask questions and must provide their name and email address to join the session.
If you can't make it to one of our online community sessions, you can view the presentation below.
How you can comment on the draft budget
The community has until 5:00 pm Friday 29 May, 2020 (28 days) to provide feedback and can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to 553 Kiewa St Albury 2640, addressed to Justin Finlayson – Service Leader, Strategy & Performance.