How to join
The easiest way to join is to submit an application form online
To complete and activate your membership you’ll need to visit a library and provide proof of identity, including your current permanent address.
Official documents such as a driver's licence, bank statement, rates or utilities notice showing your current residential address are accepted.
New members under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to accompany them to show proof of address when collecting new library cards.
- Choose from a huge range of fiction and non-fiction books in the format that suits you best, including large-print books, audiobooks, eBooks, music CDs and movie DVDs, for free for up to two weeks.
- Loans will be automatically renewed on the day the item is due*.
- Access the facilities at both the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Libraries.
- Access our elibrary.
- Request a loan from another library (fees may apply).
- free loan transfers between our branches.
- free reservation for all items.
- online account to search, reserve and renew loans.
- up to 2 hours of free computer use a day and free wifi in branches.
- Arrange to borrow community language books from the State Library of NSW.
- Join the State Library of NSW and access online resource.
*Automatic renewal will not occur if the item has been reserved by another borrower, or if it has already reached the maximum 2 renewals.