- Big Bash League, Sydney Thunder v Hobart Hurricanes, cricket match
Date and times
- Saturday 31 December 2022, gates open at 2pm, with the scheduled match starting at 3.30pm
- Hours of service are 2pm - 7.30pm
- Lavington Sports Ground
As the venue operator, AlburyCity in conjunction with Cricket Albury Wodonga are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitable mobile/temporary providers for the vending of food at the event.
As a partner in the coordination of this event, Cricket Albury Wodonga (CAW) will operate three (3) fixed bar sales locations, where they will sell alcohol, soft drinks and water.
AlburyCity will offer up to five (5) points of sale for mobile food vendors / temporary points of sale, as well as two (2) permanent canteens equipped with fridges, deep friers, steamers, bain-maries.
Prospective mobile vendors should be able to demonstrate proven experience in servicing large crowds at major events in a highly professional manner whilst following all necessary food licensing and statutory guidelines. Where possible, mobile or temporary food stands, or vehicles should be self-sufficient, limited power on-site.
Items for sale may include:
- Hot and cold food
- Soft drinks and water
- Confectionary and ice cream
- Specialty foods
Groups applying to use the permanent canteen locations should consider offering but not limited to; pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs, sandwiches, rolls, hot chips, soft drink, water, tea and coffee.
- Site fees are payable to AlburyCity seven days prior to the event
- In the event of cancellation of the match, site fees are fully refundable
- In the event of reduction in match time/s, no refund is payable
Use of Canteen 1
Use of Canteen 2
AlburyCity offers the following ways to pay your invoice.
- In Person – Through our Customer Service Centre located at 553 Kiewa Street Albury, Office hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Online – Through our payment portal at www.alburycity.nsw.gov.au Visa and MasterCard payments only. No Credit Card processing fees apply for this payment method.
- Mail – Send the lower portion of your invoice with your cheque or money order to PO Box 323 Albury NSW 2640
- Direct Debit – Contact AlburyCity or visit www.alburycity.nsw.gov.au to obtain a direct debit form
- BPay – details provided on the invoice
If for some unforeseen reason, you can't make it to the event- please let us know as early as you can. This way we can reallocate your site to someone else and we'll be able to keep the event nice and tidy – without any gaps.
Refunds will only be given in the case of advance cancellation notice to AlburyCity Leisure Team, and will be assessed on a case-by-case situation.
Other event information
Fan engagement activities will be located on Ground 2, as well as fan engagement activities planned for immediately after the match for approximately 45 minutes. We are hoping to attract an estimated crowd of 8,000 people (pending weather conditions). In general these type of matches attract a large proportion of families.
Public Liability cover
Public liability cover (minimum of $20,000,000) is required for stallholders who sell or provide products that can be eaten, ingested or applied.
Sustainability in action guidelines
AlburyCity Events aim is to minimise our impact on the planet. View these guidelines on how you can contribute to our vision for all events:
- Minimise packaging of your products, particularly soft plastics
- Use packaging which is reusable, has recycled content, or is recyclable
- Sort your waste for recycling (no provision is made for stallholder waste on-site, all waste generated from your site is to be taken off-site for appropriate sorting)
- Use renewable energy to create your products e.g. solar panels or green power
- Don’t display or give away balloons
- Accept BYO cups from customers, you may even like to offer a small discount to encourage this behaviour and pass on the saving
- Don’t sell bottled water, free water is available at the venue
- Provide paper straws, if required
- Minimise packaging of your products
- Purchase packaging with recycled content
- Use local produce wherever practical
- When preparing your food, collect and compost the scraps
- If you offer compostable/biodegradable cups, cutlery and plates – consider providing a receptacle and collect these items to enable them to be composted
Applications are open and close on Tuesday 8 November 2022.
You will receive an email to confirm the status of your application. Stallholder applications are assessed against the selection criteria and are approved at the discretion of AlburyCity. No preference is given to past stallholder attendance or the submission date of your application.
Please ensure when completing your application form, that any images and attachments submitted are no larger than 2MB per each. Alternatively, you can e-mail images separately to firstname.lastname@example.org, remember to reference your business name so they can be linked to your application. View market terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be required to sign off on a service agreement with AlburyCity prior to the event confirming terms and conditions, roles and responsibilities.
For enquiries, further information and inspection arrangements, please contact:
Leisure Facilities Officer