The program was designed to combat regional skills shortages in both vocational (trade) and professional areas and provides the opportunity to live, learn and earn locally.
Trainees will be exposed to the dynamic and diverse Local Government industry and contributes to the sustainable development of the region’s future workforce.
With Grow Our Own you can study a range of qualifications – all while living locally! Delivery of study is completely up to you, whether it be traditional or flexible, making it easier for you to study and work part time all at the same time.
You could find yourself:
- at the Albury Airport completing a Certificate III in Aviation
- at the LibraryMuseum studying Library and Information services
- at one of our depots doing a civil construction, carpentry, plumbing, automotive or electrical apprenticeship
- working with our Engineers completing your Civil Engineering degree
- doing a horticultural apprenticeship and working in our Botanic Garden or Landscape teams
- working towards becoming a building surveyor or town planner
- studying IT and working in our Information Technology team
- working in our Wagirra team learning about conservation and land management
- at one of our children’s services venues doing a Certificate IV or Diploma qualification, or
- working at Retro Lane Café and learning about the hospitality industry
For more information download our how to apply for a traineeship guide