Our objectives are to:
- improve food security and promote healthy eating
- enhance the use of green space in Albury
- increase community connection and reduce social isolation
- strengthen local neighbourhood dynamics
- build a strong sense of place
- reduce our environmental impact
- encourage local biodiversity and connect with nature
- increase the number of locals engaged in food growing
- nurture curiosity and provide hands-on learning for children
- ensure longevity of the gardening community by using sustainable management practices which are open, participatory and non-judgemental.
We are keen to support the establishment of gardens when the neighbourhood and community are supportive of the concept. From experience we have learnt that our team is able to manage the development of three gardens at any one stage – one that is at the consultation stage, one that is at the planning stage and one that is at the installation stage.
So, if you would like to express interest in establishing a community garden please contact us.