The OSSM Plan relates to all OSSM systems including public, residential, industrial, and commercial systems that are not connected to the Council sewer network. Albury City Council will carry out operational inspections on these types of systems.
OSSM systems include, but are not limited to the following:
- Septic tanks with:
- evapotranspiration beds, absorption trenches
- sand filter and/or constructed wetland/reed bed with sub-surface application system
- soil mound system
- pump-out well
- Aerated wastewater treatment systems (AWTS)
- Wet composting toilet with:
- sand filter
- wetland/reed bed with sub-surface application system
- Waterless composting toilet
- Grey water treatment systems
- Commercial or package plant systems
Any other NSW Health approved system that stores, treats and/or disposes of sewage and/or wastewater on-site.