What is Youth Council?
The Youth Council are responsible for representing and advocating for young people in our community, building awareness and educating the wider community on youth related issues and making responsible decisions on behalf of young people.
They will also assist AlburyCity Council to develop plans and strategies that make sure young peoples’ views are considered in Council's decision-making process.
Our 2023 Youth Council
The 2023 Youth Council members include:
- Alexander Parsons
- Brodie Taylor
- Chloe Hall
- Grace Alexander
- Grace Doherty
- Kabir Shah
- Oliver Baitch
- Paige Gawen
- Ram Kugathasan
- Rhemi Taylor
- Sarah Worthington
- Siddharth John
- Sophie Lawrence
- Luke Richardson
- Represent and promote a youth voice to Council in a structured and formal way for future planning decisions.
- Provide a formal platform for young people to have their say on issues, needs and aspirations important that are relevant to young people living in the Albury area.
- Assist the Council in the formulation of policy on youth affairs and provide advice on how to best meet the needs of young people.
- Provide young people with the opportunity to meet regularly to express their views on current and emerging issues affecting young people of Albury.
- Develop local initiatives and projects for young people.
- Act as an advisory committee and respond to enquiries from the Council regarding youth specific issues in Albury.
- Network with young people, service providers and the wider community to advocate for and promote youth related issues.
- Represent the youth of Albury at local, state, and national youth forums where appropriate
- Support Council in a manner that is consistent with Council values and decision Council
- Membership will open to all young people aged between the ages of 12 to 24 years, living, working or attending high school, university or TAFE within the Albury Local Government Area.
- Membership places are available for twelve (12) Youth Councillors, each calendar year.
- There are also two (2) places for alternative roles which are Secretary and Finance Officer.
- Youth council members volunteer their services as a member.
Anyone between the ages of 12 and 24 years is eligible to apply.
Youth Council Meetings are held on Tuesday afternoons between 4:30pm - 6pm (not including NSW school holidays).
There may also be other meetings and commitments as required.