You can use your Mastercard and Visa credit card to pay your rates, water and account receivable accounts. (Surcharge applies).
Contact your participating financial institution to make this payment from your cheque or savings account or from your credit card. For more information visit the BPAY Website. This is for Rates and Water account payments only.
* Please note payments made via BPAY, Hume Bank, Australia Post and online are not processed to AlburyCity accounts until the next banking business day. Consider your banking organisation's payment delays. AlburyCity accepts no responsibility for the late processing of your account.
Contact 13 18 16 to pay by Mastercard and Visa credit card only or by visiting Postbillpay. (Surcharge applies).
Apply to pay your account from your cheque or savings account only by either annually, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly deductions. A direct debit agreement form is required to be completed and returned to AlburyCity.
- AlburyCity Customer Service Centre - 553 Kiewa Street, Albury
- Lavington Library Customer Service Centre – 366 Griffith Road, Lavington
- Hume Bank – where available (Cash or cheque only)
- Australia Post Office – where available
Send your cheque/money order made payable to:
PO Box 323
ALBURY NSW 2640
What happens if I don't pay my accounts?
Recovery action may commence for all debts unless a payment plan is entered into that is agreeable to Council and adhered to.
Interest accrues on a daily basis in accordance with the Local Government Act, on rates and charges, water and sewer accounts that remain unpaid after they become due and payable.
Your account may be referred to Council's debt recovery agency where legal action may be undertaken, which could affect your credit rating and you will be liable for legal costs incurred.
For unpaid water and sewerage accounts, recovery action may include installation of a water flow restrictor and possible disconnection of water supply to the property. Removal of restrictors or reconnection will not occur until the amount owing is paid in full along with the associated fees.
If you are experiencing difficulty please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 6023 8111 or alternatively email email@example.com to enter into a payment plan.