Sports Albury is a community based advisory committee of AlburyCity set up to provide advice to Council on the major issues affecting recreation, sport and leisure in the local area.
Sports Albury's role is dynamic and flexible to the needs of the community with the vision to promote the philosophy of a healthy lifestyle through physical activity for the whole community.
The committee has 13 members comprising six community sport and recreation representatives, six peak body representatives (i.e. NSW Health, NSW Sport and Rec, Schools, Private/Commercial, Higher Education & City of Wodonga) and an AlburyCity Councillor as Chairperson.
Sports Albury's achievements in recent times includes being a lead agent in AlburyCity running forums and workshops for the development of sports and their volunteers, investigating the feasibility of projects, co-ordinating events to recognise volunteers in the community and playing a key role in the distribution of funds for sport and recreation infrastructure projects with the AlburyCity Sport and Recreation Grants.
The committee meets four times per year (February, May, August and November) with the minutes of each meeting being presented to the Council the following month. Copies of Council's Business Papers, including the minutes from Sports Albury, can be found here.
- Cr Henk van de Ven - Chairperson
- Cr Kevin Mack - Substitute Delegate
- Eric Brooks - NSW Sport and Recreation
- Michael Bowler - Health Industry
- Michelle Fletcher - Private and Commercial Sport and Recreation Provider
- Adrian Fury - Primary and Secondary Schools
- Liona Edwards - City of Wodonga
- Ken Wurtz - Community Representative
- Peter Elias - Community Representative
- Justin Clancy - Community Representative
- Maurice Cevaal-Hewitt - Community Representative
- Zach McMaster - Albury Youth Council