Athletic, Sport & Recreation Support
AlburyCity supports the local sport and recreation community in a number of ways.
We work closely with athletes, recreational organisations, coaching and training facilitators, government groups and sporting bodies to grow, foster and develop sport and recreation in Albury.
Some of the assistance we can provide includes:
- Supporting local athletes participate in their sport at a high level with Individual Athlete Grants.
- Supporting local sport and recreation organisations through grants for infrastructure or strategic planning with AlburyCity Sport and Recreation Grants.
- Partnership with the Southern Sports Academy - supporting local athletes access elite coaching and training facilities.
- Partnership with the Australian Drug Foundation's Good Sports program - assisting clubs develop a positive club atmosphere to encourage greater participation.
- Working with the City of Wodonga, NSW Sport and Recreation along with local, state and national sporting bodies to plan for the development of sport and recreation in Albury.
- Advocating and seeking funding for the development of sport and recreation in Albury.