Features and facilities
The wetlands have an extensive range of features and facilities including:
- Seven lagoons covering approximately 80 hectares (when full)
- Original 1890s homestead, now the visitors centre
- Aquatic Environment Education Centre for schools and groups (by appointment)
- Three walking trails (0.5km, 1.2km and 2.5km), all starting from outside the visitors centre
- Six bird hides for watching wildlife in a natural setting
- A scaled-down replica of an Indigenous campsite
- Ancient river red gums and an Indigenous scar tree
- Picnic and barbecue facilities
- Bottled water vending machine
- Diverse native flora and fauna including 155 identified bird species
- A site available for weddings for up to 150 guests (by appointment)
- Links to the Albury CBD via the Wagirra Trail (bike/pedestrian)
- A map is available from the information booth near the car park for self-guided tours.
Due to the sensitive nature of the wetlands, no dogs or bikes are permitted on the walking trails within the wetlands area.