Places to go
- Libraries and Museum
Sports and Leisure
Parks, Playgrounds and Reserves
Using our libraries
Membership of the libraries is free and one membership covers both the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library.
How to join
- Simply fill in our online form and then visit the LibraryMuseum or Lavington Library to provide proof of your current address and collect your new library card.
- New members under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to accompany them to show proof of address when collecting new library cards.
What you can do as a member
- Borrow books, magazines, e-books, CDs and DVDs for free for up to two weeks
- We now offer a free service which allows your loans to be automatically renewed. Loans will be automatically renewed on the day the item is due. Automatic renewal will not occur if the item has been reserved by another borrower, or if it has already reached the maximum 2 renewals.
- Choose from a huge range of fiction and non-fiction publications in the format that suits you best, including large-print books, books on CD, ebooks, music CDs and movie DVDs
- Use your card at both the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library
- Return your items to either the LibraryMuseum or Lavington Library, no matter which one you borrowed them from
- Renew your books online
- Access our online e-library
- Search the library catalogue and reserve and renew your items online
- Request a loan from another library (fees may apply)
- Arrange to borrow community language books from the State Library of NSW
- Join the State Library of NSW and access their online resources
Home Library Service
Residents who are unable to visit Albury libraries because of age, illness or disability (temporary or permanent) can get books and other library materials home-delivered on a regular basis.
Contact the LibraryMuseum or Lavington Library for further information.