Places to go
- Libraries and Museum
Sports and Leisure
Parks, Playgrounds and Reserves
There are a number of ways you can support the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library.
Become a Friend
The Friends of Albury Libraries and Museum are a community liaison group that provides feedback and support to develop programs, services and collections. The Friends committee meets on the last Wednesday of each month between 4.30pm and 5.30pm at the LibraryMuseum.
- are involved in events and fund-raising activities such as the regular book sales to support our programs, services and collections.
- provide voluntary assistance across a range of areas including assistance with shelving and book processing, local history projects, exhibitions and delivering books to housebound readers.
- provide input and feedback on library and museum operations.
- enjoy social activities and receive invitations to and information about our cultural services programs and exhibitions.
- receive 10% discount on LibraryMuseum shop items.
- have a Facebook page. Don't forget to like them!
Become a Volunteer
As a volunteer you'll increase your knowledge of our amazing programs, exhibitions, events and collections, and meet other community members, artists and cultural professionals. Volunteers receive training and support and automatically become a member of the Friends of the Albury LibraryMuseum.
Volunteers assist at the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library in the following areas:
- Museum and Social History Collection and Research
- Libraries Collection and information Services
- Exhibition attendant
- Learning and Outreach
- Home Library Service
If you are interested in volunteering, please read the Volunteer application pack for further information and complete the application form. You can contact the LibraryMuseum on 02 6023 8333 to discuss further.
Become a Donor
- Our Museum team is always interested in discussing potential donations. Find out more about Museum donations.