QEII Twilight Markets Stallholder Information
The QEII Twilight Markets are owned and operated by AlburyCity. We want to make sure that these markets are a vibrant, boutique trading space for our community and visitors. We also want to ensure that surrounding business reaps the benefits from an influx of people in the CBD.
By being a part of these markets you can:
- expose your business to over 2,000 people per market
- be part of a quality boutique market
- raise the profile of your community group or charity
We're looking for stallholders whose products, services and stall offers the following attributes:
- Innovative: consideration is given to the need for variety at the markets and the need to support niche industries
- Unique: individuality in product
- Quality: distinguishing characteristics or attributes, design and excellence in craftsmanship
- Sustainability: demonstrated sustainability practices, products and/or services
- Food: prepared, fresh or baked foods
- Presentation: visual impact of product presentation and proposed stall layout, encouraging a positive image for the stallholder and the markets
Community and charity groups
We welcome charities and community groups to apply for a stall, free of charge, to raise the profile of the group or charity via the sale of quality products with an appropriate theme related to the organisation.
Interested parties must:
- be an incorporated not-for-profit community service organisation
- benefit the Albury community
- provide goods or a service that meets the stallholder criteria (as listed above).
Market dates and times
- Thursday 10 October 2019 - 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- Thursday14 November 2019 - 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- Thursday 12 December 2019 - 5.00pm to 8.00pm
The markets are held in QEII Square, Dean Street – right in the heart of Albury's CBD. It's a great open space in the hub of Albury's shopping and cultural precincts.
Set-up is between 2.00pm to 5.00pm on market days. We suggest getting in early so you can present your stall at its best.
A fair go for all
We want to give our stallholders a fair go by making sure we limit the number of repeat or similar product lines. This way we keep the markets interesting and varied for market goers and give our stallholders every opportunity to benefit.
It's an outdoor market so we're at the mercy of the weather gods. In the event of inclement weather, the market will be cancelled. In this case, we'll let you know by 10.30am on the day of the market. You will be reimbursed for your site fee should AlburyCity cancel.
If for some unforeseen reason, you can't make it to the market - please let us know as early as you can. This way we can reallocate your site to someone else and we'll be able to keep the market nice and tidy – without any gaps.
Refunds will only be given in the case of advance notice. To be eligible for a refund, notice of your cancellation must be given to AlburyCity Events prior to the Sunday of the market. You will not be entitled to any refund if notice is given during the week of the market (Monday to Thursday).
Stallholder site fees
- Art/craft/food producers:
- Single site, 3m x 3m - $36.00 incl. GST per market
- Double site, 3m x 6m - $49.00 incl. GST per market
- Take-away food and drink vendors:
- $56.00 incl. GST per market
Public Liability cover
Public liability cover (minimum of $20,000,000) is required for stallholders who sell or provide products that can be eaten, ingested or applied.
Sustainability in action guidelines
View these guidelines on how you can contribute to our vision for all QEII Twilight Markets.
Market stallholders and exhibitors
- Minimise packaging of your products, particularly soft plastics
- Use packaging which is reusable, has recycled content, or is recyclable
- Sort your waste for recycling (no provision is made for stallholder waste on-site, all waste generated from your site is to be taken off-site for appropriate sorting)
- Use renewable energy to create your products e.g. solar panels or green power
- Don’t display or give away balloons
Food and drink vendors
- Accept BYO cups from customers, you may even like to offer a small discount to encourage this behaviour and pass on the saving
- Don’t sell bottled water, free water is available at the venue
- Provide paper straws, if required
- Minimise packaging of your products
- Purchase packaging with recycled content
- Use local produce wherever practical
- When preparing your food, collect and compost the scraps
- If you offer compostable/biodegradable cups, cutlery and plates – consider providing a receptacle and collect these items to enable them to be composted
Applications are open and close on Friday 20 September. You will receive am email to confirm the status of your application by Monday 30 September 2019.
Stallholder applications are assessed against the selection criteria and are approved at the discretion of AlburyCity. No preference is given to past stallholder attendance or the submission date of your application.
Please ensure when completing your application form, that any images / photographs submitted are no larger than 1MB per image.
For more information about the QEII Twilight Markets, please contact AlburyCity's Events Team T: 02 6023 8761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org