Frequently Asked Questions

Our Procurement and Contact Management Team fields a lot of  questions about how AlburyCity procures goods and services.  We've listed the most popular ones here.  If you can't find the answer you're looking for, then send us an enquiry.

What does procurement mean?

Procurement is the process of buying goods and services in such a way so as to achieve the greatest value for money as opposed to trying to achieve the lowest price.

What does value for money mean?

Value for money is a measure of the amount of benefit gained from the purchase of a good or service as opposed to its value in dollar terms. It takes into account quality, effectiveness and total cost of ownership as opposed to just the purchase price.

Whats the difference between a tender, a quotation and an EOI?

A tender is a formal process that Council may use to purchase goods and services from suppliers that is governed by a set of legally binding rules. Please contact Procurement & Contact Management at AlburyCity for more detail.

A quote is an informal request for pricing for the supply of goods and services so as to allow for a comparison between potential suppliers. This approach is generally used for lower value purchases and is generally less formal than a tender.

An Expression of Interest (EOI) is simply a request for information from possible suppliers. It does not commit the Supplier or Council to any a price or provider. It is simply a way of asking for information from perspective suppliers.

How can I become a supplier to AlburyCity?

Generally, Council will request responses to either a tender or quotation via advertisements in newspapers, notices on our website and via notices on Tenderlink. There is no pre-qualification process in place, and as such, it is up to individual suppliers to ensure they are aware of opportunities to supply AlburyCity. 

Depending on the size and nature of the requirement Council may contact individual suppliers and invite them to submit submissions in response to requests for both tenders and quotations.

However if a potential supplier would like to share information on the goods and services they provide, they can send us their details via our enquiry form.

How do I become a registered contractor?

AlburyCity does not have a pre-qualification process for potential contractors. Only vendors offered contracts for the supply of goods or services that require registration under Councils WHS policy will be registered.

Where can I get help with submitting a tender, quotation or EOI?

Contact the Procurement and Contract Management team via our enquiry form

Where can I find information about Council's Procurement Policy?

When is Council going out to tender for particular goods, services or works?

Please contact the Procurement and Contract Management team via our enquiry form.

Where can I find out information on quotes, tenders or EOI's?

Check our current opportunities or Tenderlink.

Will Council accept a late tender?

No late tenders cannot be accepted, except where there are exceptional circumstances and it has been approved by Council. 

Can I lodge my tender or quotation via email?

Tenders are to be lodged either via the Tenderlink website or in person through the tender box at 553 Kiewa St Albury NSW.

Quotations can be submitted directly via email unless stated otherwise in the request for quotation.

Do I have to answer all the questions in the tender? 

Yes. The questions in the tender and schedules are designed to ensure the best provider for the contract. Your responses are used in the tender evaluation.  Failure to complete the information can result in your tender being marked as non-conforming.

Can I lobby Councillors about my tender submission?

No. Contacting Councillors or other Council officers about a tender is forbidden by the Conditions of Tender and will result in your tender being excluded by Council. All contact regarding the tender must be via the Tenderlink forum provided.