Jobs @ AlburyCity
- Major projects and works
Have a Say
Rates and charges
Tendering & supplying to AlburyCity
Strategies and future planning
Policies and publications
Access to Information
News and updates
Noreuil Park Foreshore Improvements
Major improvement works are underway at Albury's popular Noreuil Park Foreshore.
We received funding through the NSW Government's Stronger Country Communities Fund and Regional Growth, Environment and Tourism Fund (RGETF) to undertake the following works:
Stage 1 - November to December 2018
- Installation of concrete pads for the picnic tables including two picnic tables that are linked to the path network for easy access
- Realigning and widening the Wagirra Trail through the site to assist in reducing the conflict between cyclists and pedestrians
- Installation of additional play elements in the playground area (delayed until after Christmas)
- Fencing the playground area to increase safety for families
- Concreting the gathering area between River Deck Cafe and entry gate of the fenced playground
- Installation of a drinking fountain and water bottle filling station (installed in January)
- Installation of bike racks (installed in February)
Stage 2 - Scheduled March to November 2019
- Upgrade of the car park with more disabled car parking. The project will also include the construction of a retaining wall at the rear of the Mitta Mitta Canoe Club/River Deck Cafe building
- Construction of a new bicycle route that bypasses the main area of the Foreshore area
8 February 2019
Three bespoke bike racks have been installed this week. For those who don't know how to use them, back wheel of the bike goes against the fence and hang the seat on the rail.
18 January 2019
The drinking fountain and bottle filling station was installed this week.
14 December 2018
The playground area is now open with the completion of the fencing. Other works this week included planting of five Chinese Elms, completion of the irrigation system and laying of turf. More turf is ordered for next week. Additional play equipment, drinking fountain and bike racks will now be installed early in the new year.
7 December 2018
Noreuil Park works continue this week with completion of all concrete works in this stage, alterations to the irrigation system, levelling around the worksite and additional tree planting. Turf is on order and will be laid next week. Playground is still closed with the fencing scheduled to be completed next week.
16 November 2018
The River Deck Cafe re-opens on Saturday 17 November while the playground area is still closed due to the construction works. The centre grassed area is now open for the summer parking while there are changes to the parking adjacent to the Cafe. Pedestrian access is now available on the foreshore area, however there are still active construction zones.
11 November 2018
Works continues in front of the River Deck Cafe and realignment and widening of the Wagirra Trail this week. The Cafe will reopen on 17 November.
9 November 2018
Concrete pads have been installed for the picnic tables and works have commenced on realigning and widening the Wagirra Trail.