National Foresters Grove - District Play Space
AlburyCity has secured $998,000 through the Stronger Country Communities Fund. $300,000 of this funding is allocated to the construction of the National Foresters Grove District Play Space. An additional $50,000 of Council funds has been allocated to the project (total budget $350,000)
The scope of project scope includes:
- Demolition of existing playground, fitness area and old BBQ
- Installation of new playground including a flying fox, large play unit and other items
- Installation of skate and scooter elements
- Basketball area
- Installation of new fitness area
- Replacement of BBQ with a DDA compliant unit
- Upgrading and constructing new pathways
- Installation of shade
- Drinking fountain
7 December 2018
The poles for the shade sail have been erected this week with the swing and softfall to be installed next week.
29 November 2018
Works commenced this week on the construction of the district play space. The first section will include site levelling, installation of play equipment, shade an upgraded BBQ under the existing shelter.