Alexandra Park - Murrayfield Reconstruction
Estimated commencement date - August 2018
Estimated completion date - December 2018
The sportsfield renovation program identifies addressing the subsidence (due to the previous use landfill) and upgrading the irrigation system as priorities to be undertaken after the winter season - $323,060
The project scope includes:
- The removal and replacement of kerb and footpath that has subsided
- Stripping of existing surface
- Importation of sportsfield sand
- Shaping and levelling of surfaces to desired levels
- Installation of new irrigation system (two stages)
- Stage one - irrigation pump and shed
- Stage two - Installation pipework and sprinklers
- Line planing of Santa Ana couch
Importation and levelling of sand is complete while line planing of the couch grass was also completed this week. The sportsfield will now be irrigated day and night until establishment.
Importing and levelling the growing sand is nearing completion and continues this week. Line planting of the couch grass is scheduled for early December
Works continue this week on importing and levelling the growing sand this week. Line planting of the couch grass is scheduled for early December
Irrigation works are complete and the importation of the growing sand has commenced.
Update 6 October
Trenching complete and poly pipe laid out ready to install
Update 24 September
The replacement of the kerb and footpath has been completed while the stage 1 levelling of the playing surface was completed last week. The irrigation mark out and trenching has commenced this week.
Update 24 August
This week the grass was removed and playing surface in readiness for stage one levelling