- About Council
Jobs @ AlburyCity
Major projects and works
Have a Say
Rates and charges
Tendering & supplying to AlburyCity
Strategies and future planning
Policies and publications
Access to Information
News and updates
Our role in the community
AlburyCity is the facilitator of a thriving, resilient and liveable city full of opportunities and the custodians of an environment like no other.
We consistently deliver best-in-class leadership, services, facilities and experiences to ensure Albury is a great place to live, work and invest, today and into the future.
We are planning and preparing for our growing community; investing in infrastructure, actively attracting new and diverse businesses and ensuring that our cultural, sporting, leisure and nature experiences surpass expectations.
We serve a diverse range of people from residents to community groups, industry and business and work closely with other councils and government bodies.
We employ 480 committed and highly skilled people, our annual budget is $136M and we are currently investing $48M a year in capital works.
Our organisation is a regional leader dedicated to partnering with other Councils, all levels of government, stakeholders, organisations and community groups on issues affecting our region. We are one of 11 member Councils in the Riverina and Murray Joint Organisation (RAMJO) and one of 15 Councils participating in Regional Cities NSW.
Our most recent Employee Opinion Survey shows a high level of satisfaction from our people, with more than 84% saying AlburyCity is a good place to work. You can hear more from our people about why they love working for us.
AlburyCity – vibrant, rewarding and community focused.
- Working together - I respect, listen to and value the contributions of others and celebrate our achievements.
- Integrity - I am trustworthy, honest, accountable, open and consistent in all that I do.
- Courage and Passion - I am enthusiastic and have the confidence to speak up for the betterment of AlburyCity.
- Innovation - I seek to increase my knowledge through new ideas and continuous improvement.
- Loyalty - I am supportive of others and committed to AlburyCity and the community.
Our guiding principles
- Red carpet, not red tape.
- We listen to our employees, value and recognise their contributions.
- Sustainability and value for money guide our spending.
- We work with all stakeholders seeking opportunities to benefit our community by achieving Albury 2030.
- Our communication is planned, clear concise and consistent with the AlburyCity Vision and Values.
- We respect and apply social justice principles including equity, fair access and participation.
- Short term gains will not detract from long term financial and environmental sustainability.
- We take responsibility for our decision and actions.