Smart Community Survey Results
The Smart Communities Project is a Two Cities One Community initiative across Albury and Wodonga.
Albury Wodonga - Smart Communities
Why did we consult?
The Smart Communities Project is a Two Cities One Community initiative across Albury and Wodonga. We conducted a survey to see how our community feels about the smart services that have been identified in the Smart Community Framework, and the level of digital readiness across our region. The survey closed in January 2019.
What did we find out?
A total of 179 survey responses were received, all of which were online.
Some of the key findings from the survey responses included:
- 76% of respondents were excited or supportive of Albury Wodonga becoming a Smart Community
- Respondents collectively gave themselves a rating of 7.7 out of 10 for their ability to use and understand new technology.
- Respondents told us the following five priority areas based on the 18 services identified in the Smart Community Framework
- Lighting/energy efficiency and maintenance
- Wi-Fi/network and access
- Buildings/energy savings/operational efficiencies
- Environment/real-time monitors
- Access to Health/Information
What happens now?
The information gathered will be considered in developing our new Smart Community Strategy. The Strategy will inform, focus and guide our smart initiatives and help us to understand how we support a well-connected community that is sustainable and future ready.