Draft Budget 2019-20
The draft budget proposes funding 2,800 expenditure items and contains a $58M capital works programs, with a proposed rates rise for homeowners of 2.7%. That represents an average weekly increase in residential rates payments of about 60 cents a week.
The draft budget includes the one-year operational plan, four-year delivery program and long term financial plan.
- View the Draft Budget Delivery Program and Operational Plan papers
- View the Draft Budget public presentation
You can read more about the projects we'll be funding in 2019-20, or see a snapshot below of the draft budget highlights.
- Business rates to rise by 2.2% per cent on average.
- No increase to water, sewerage or kerbside waste collection charges.
- $16.4M on water and sewerage services
- $15.4M on improvements to our roads and footpaths
- $6.75M for the ongoing redevelopment of Lavington Sports Ground
- $2.2M for improvements at the Albury Waste Management Centre
- $1.1M on upgrades of the Albury Entertainment Centre
- $1M on city-wide rollout of LED street lighting
- $625,000 on improvements at the airport
- $340,000 for terraced seating at the Les O’Brien Athletics Precinct
- $250,000 for planning of stage 1 upgrades at the Lauren Jackson Sports Centre
- $180,000 on detailed design for the Albury Regional Skate Park
How you can comment on the draft budget
The community has until 5.00pm Friday 24 May, 2019 (28 days) to provide feedback and can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to 553 Kiewa St Albury 2640, addressed to Justin Finlayson, Chief Financial Officer.
Copies of the draft budget papers are also available for viewing at the Customer Service Centre, 553 Kiewa Street, the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library.
Community information Sessions
If you want to learn more about the draft budget, you may like to attend one of our Community Information Sessions.
These will be held on:
- Friday 17 May 2019, 11.00am - Robert Brown Room Ground Floor, 553 Kiewa Street, Albury