Home based collection
AlburyCity does not conduct a kerbside hard waste collection service, rather it issues residents with four vouchers for entry to the Albury Waste Management Centre each year.
Residents facing hardship that have no capacity to deliver their household general waste to the Albury Waste Management Centre may be eligible for a a home-based collection service. To find out your eligibility, please contact Council's Customer Service on 6023 8111.
- You are entitled to one visit annually - two vouchers are to be surrendered to council when they collect the waste.
- You must be home at the time of the pick-up and must supervise the collection (full day).
- Waste must not be stored on the nature strip. It must be kept within your own yard.
- No council employee can enter your home or shed.
- Officers can collect one trailer equivalent of green waste and/or one trailer equivalent of general waste per collection.
Hard waste items typically include
- Small household furniture
- Small household appliances
- Electrical appliances, tools, equipment, mowers and small car parts
- Kitchenware, pottery and crockery
- Carpet, rolled and tied please (max 1.5m long)
Green waste items must be able to be lifted by ONE person. A standard 6 x 4 trailer load is the total amount of material allowed for green waste collection, penalties may apply if waste exceeds this amount. Green waste items typically include:
- Branches and prunings less than 1.8 metres in length (no longer than a 6 x 4 trailer).
- Small tree roots - however, they must be able to be lifted by one person.
What type of items won't be collected
- Over-length and overweight items of any nature
- Waste that exceeds the total volume allowed (a standard 6 x 4 trailer load)
- Items that can't be lifted by two people (except for green waste, which must be able to be lifted by one person)
- Waste from industrial and commercial premises and business operated from home
- Waste material from construction and demolition of buildings
- Bricks, concrete, stone, clay, sand and soil
- Liquids, whether or not in sealed containers including: paint, oil, garden sprays and chemicals
- Hazardous waste, including asbestos
- Tyres, batteries or gas bottles of any type
- Timber greater than 1.8 metres in length (anything over the standard 6 x 4 trailer length)
- Steel or metal (including large whitegoods). It is the responsibility of the resident to recycle steel or metal with local recyclers or dispose of at the Albury Waste Management Centre.