Home based collection
AlburyCity does not conduct a kerbside hard waste collection service, rather it issues residents with four vouchers for entry to the Albury Waste Management Centre each year.
However for residents facing hardship, a home-based collection service is available, subject to eligibility.
- You are entitled to one visit annually - two vouchers are to be surrendered to council when they collect the waste.
- You must be home at the time of the pick-up and must supervise the collection (full day).
- Waste must not be stored on the nature strip. It must be kept within your own yard.
- No council employee can enter your home or shed.
- Officers can collect one trailer equivalent of green waste and/or one trailer equivalent of general waste per collection.
Hard waste items typically include
- Small household furniture
- Small household appliances
- Electrical appliances, tools, equipment, mowers and small car parts
- Kitchenware, pottery and crockery
- Carpet, rolled and tied please (max 1.5m long)
Green waste items must be able to be lifted by ONE person. A standard 6 x 4 trailer load is the total amount of material allowed for green waste collection, penalties may apply if waste exceeds this amount. Green waste items typically include:
- Branches and prunings less than 1.8 metres in length (no longer than a 6 x 4 trailer).
- Small tree roots - however, they must be able to be lifted by one person.
What type of items won't be collected
- Over-length and overweight items of any nature
- Waste that exceeds the total volume allowed (a standard 6 x 4 trailer load)
- Items that can't be lifted by two people (except for green waste, which must be able to be lifted by one person)
- Waste from industrial and commercial premises and business operated from home
- Waste material from construction and demolition of buildings
- Bricks, concrete, stone, clay, sand and soil
- Liquids, whether or not in sealed containers including: paint, oil, garden sprays and chemicals
- Hazardous waste, including asbestos
- Tyres, batteries or gas bottles of any type
- Timber greater than 1.8 metres in length (anything over the standard 6 x 4 trailer length)
- Steel or metal (including large whitegoods). It is the responsibility of the resident to recycle steel or metal with local recyclers or dispose of at the Albury Waste Management Centre.