The message is simple - if you're drinking, ditch the keys.
AlburyCity is offering a late night bus service for the 2018 Albury Gold Cup that will drop you at your doorstep across Albury and Wodonga for $5.
The aim is to give you a safe transport alternative and encourages you to leave the car at home after a day at the races.
Hop on the bus with us and make the Nightrider your Plan B.
- Departing from outside Public House, Dean Street, Albury from 10pm til late.
Cost: $5 per person
Why take the Nightrider bus home?
Between January 2012 and December 2016, alcohol was a contributing factor in 6.4% of crashes in Albury. Drink driving is a factor in about one in every five crashes in NSW where someone loses their life.
Did you know, in NSW, police have the power to:
- Stop drivers at random to test for alcohol.
- Arrest drivers who have an illegal BAC level.
- Arrest drivers they believe are impaired by drugs including alcohol, and conduct a blood and urine test.
- Require a driver to undergo a sobriety test in certain circumstances.