How to pay a Council fine

If we have sent you a penalty infringement notice, you can pay the fine:

How to query or seek a review of the fine

You will need to raise any concerns about Council fines with the NSW State Debt Recovery Office, not with AlburyCity. Once we issue a penalty infringement notice, we can’t change or cancel it.

If you don’t agree with the reasons for the fine or you believe you have been fined by mistake, contact the State Debt Recovery Office and request a review.

You will need to provide them with:

  • a clear copy of the penalty infringement notice
  • your contact details
  • your vehicle registration (for parking fines)
  • registration details for your dog or cat (for animal-related fines).

There are three possible outcomes of the review:

  • Penalty stands: the infringement notice was correct and you must either pay the fine or choose to have the matter taken to court
  • Caution: the infringement notice was correct but because of the mitigating circumstances raised in your request you don’t have to pay the fine (if it’s a driving offence you won’t lose demerit points either but you will have a caution recorded in your driving history)
  • Cancellation: the infringement notice was incorrect and you don’t need to pay the fine (or lose demerit points).