Site Search

Non-residential roll

The non-residential rolls provide people who are nonresident owners, occupiers and rate paying lessees of rateable land within the council area an opportunity to have a say in who is elected to council.

If you are not a resident, you may be entitled to vote if you own, occupy or lease property in the Albury Local Government Area (LGA) as a corporation, business or individual. You will have to be registered on AlburyCity Council’s non-residential roll. You may only cast one vote within a council area, irrespective of the number of properties or parcels of land you own. Registration is not compulsory.

A non-residential roll is only valid for the council election it is prepared for, so you must re-enrol for every election. If you were on the non-residential roll previously and you are still eligible to be on that roll, you should re-apply to be included on the new roll. Read more about the non-residential roll on the NSW Electoral Commission website.

You need to fill out the Individual Claim Form if you are:

  • an owner of rateable land in the Albury LGA, or
  • an occupier or rate-paying lessee of rateable land in the Albury LGA.

If you own, occupy or lease the property with other people, you must nominate who will be voting on behalf of everyone and fill out the Nomination Claim Form.

Registration for inclusion on the non-residential roll for the 2021 Council election closes at 6:00 pm on Monday 25 October 2021.

Once you have completed the form send it to us, to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer, using any of the following methods:

More information is available on the NSW Electoral Commission webpage, and in this Fact Sheet.

Alternatively, you can make an enquiry through our webpage below, by emailing or calling 02 6023 8111.

Never miss an update
* We'll never share your email with third parties