In small groups, children will enjoy a natural approach to play and discovery, and form genuine lasting bonds with their qualified and passionate early childhood educator, while you will enjoy peace of mind knowing your child is happy in a nurturing, natural and flexible home learning environment.
How is it similar to centre based child care?
- Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
- Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of child care; incorporating National Regulations, National Quality Standards educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
- Parents are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy.
How is it different to other forms of child care?
- Your child’s education and care is provided by an individual educator who is an early childhood education and care professional, operating within their own home.
- Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age* at any one time.
- Educators work with an approved service that carries out regular visits to monitor the children’s individual development and provide support.
Benefits of family day care
- Family day care provides early education and care in a nurturing, natural and flexible home learning environment.
- Family day care offers the opportunity for children to form genuine long lasting bonds with their qualified and passionate early childhood educator.
- Family day care can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight and weekends.
- Family day care educators offer individualised learning programs for the children they care for.
- Family day care can provide education and care for babies and children up to 13 years of age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- Family day care provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.
About family day care educators
Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals who engage in the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and work within the requirements of the National
In order to provide a safe educational environment for children, there are requirements for all educators to:
- Be registered with an approved family day care service
- Hold or be actively working towards a Certificate Ill* level education and care qualification.
- Meet national quality standards which include maintaining quality individualised learning programs, safe and hygienic learning environments, record keeping and qualifications.
- Maintain current first aid and CPR certificates and training in the emergency management of asthma and anaphylaxis.
- Maintain a clearance for working with children.
- Participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by their approved service.
- Attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
- Maintain current public liability insurance coverage.
Our Service Philosophy
At Albury Family Day Care, we care for the families, children, educators, staff, the community and the sustainability of our environment.
We value the contributions of others and hear children’s voices. We celebrate our achievements. The Coordination Unit works collaboratively with all stakeholders to maintain links and ensure personalised support to our children, families, educators, staff and each other.
Inclusive of partnerships, collaboration, knowing our children, programming, communication, reflection, and sense of belonging.
We are confident, respectful, trustworthy, open and consistent in all that we provide.
Inclusive of family needs, open communication, secure and nurturing relationships.
Courage and Passion
We seek to instil self-confidence, self-respect and learning for the children and ourselves. We are passionate of our environment and the many cultures of our community.
Inclusive of Being, Belonging and Becoming, programming, behaviour, sustainability and cultures.
We seek new ideas, knowledge and continuous improvements.
Inclusive of current training, EYLF, MYTOP, NQF, and critical reflection.
We are a team, supportive of each others; proud of our 38 plus years of high quality service delivery to Albury and its surrounding communities; and acknowledge the important role that educators play in the operations of our Service.
Inclusive of other services, collaboration, links with community.