Road Safety Strategic Plan
AlburyCity has a five-year Road Safety Strategic Plan to improve road safety at a local level.
The Strategic Plan gives Council a framework and direction so that we can achieve:
- Reductions in road trauma and associated costs to the local community
- Clear road safety actions and strategies for Council and the community
- Improved community relations through increased publicity and better understanding of community concerns
- Consideration of road safety at the road design and planning stage
- Efficient use of federal and state road safety funding.
AlburyCity is currently implementing the recommendations from the 2010–2015 Strategic Plan.
This plan is regularly reviewed to ensure that the most recent Albury crash trends and community concerns are incorporated and appropriate road safety issues are targeted.
For further information, contact AlburyCity’s Road Safety Officer on 02 6023 8111.