Steps to help stop and prevent graffiti
- For police attendance at a crime in progress – 000
- To report a crime that has already happened – 131 444
- To report information about known offenders or illegal activity – 1800 333 000 (Crime Stoppers).
- Alternatively, contact Albury Police on 02 6023 9299.
- Plant trees, creepers or vines to cover blank or bare walls
- Use darker coloured materials or paints on fences
- Use anti-graffiti coatings on high-risk areas.
- Use rough or textured surface materials for fencing
- Limit the amount of solid surface by using mesh, grilles or lattice.
- Improve lighting and consider installing sensor lighting
- Keep your property clean and tidy
- Remove graffiti within 24 hours, as it will reduce the tagger's exposure and can make removal easier.