When you park your car, motorbike or other vehicle in Albury you need to keep our roads and footpaths safe for other drivers and pedestrians by always following these rules:
- Check that your vehicle is within the lines of the parking bay
- Check the parking restriction on nearby signage
- Don’t leave valuables in the car, or at least make sure they’re not visible to people walking past
- Don’t park in a disability parking space unless your car has a Mobility Parking Scheme permit
- If you have a permit to park in a disabled parking bay, make sure the permit is clearly visible. Any vehicle in a disabled space that doesn’t have this permit clearly displayed on the windscreen will receive a fine.
See the Roads and Maritime Services website for excellent information on the do’s and don’ts for on-street parking. It also explains all road signs used in NSW, including parking restrictions, taxi and bus zones, and loading and works zones.
Please don’t park on footpaths or footpath ramps, on nature strips, across or partly blocking driveways or footpaths, or in any area or space signed as emergency, essential services or (unless you have a permit to do so) disability parking. Parking in these areas is inconsiderate and potentially dangerous.