Parking Permits

Residential parking permits

Albury does not have a residential parking scheme that gives parking rights in certain streets to residents only.

However, we currently have an interim arrangement for a few streets in inner Albury where only residents and people working in businesses in those streets are allowed to park. This measure is under review.

Commercial vehicle permits

You may need a commercial vehicle parking permit to use a commercial loading zone or regulated parking bay for a set period of time.

The rules for loading zones are:

  • The only vehicles you can park in a loading zone are those designed mainly to carry goods (trucks, vans etc.)
  • You can only use a loading zone for loading or unloading goods
  • You can stay in a loading zone for no more than 30 minutes
  • A station wagon or three-wheeled goods-carrying vehicle can use a loading zone for no more than 15 minutes.

To use a loading zone or a regulated parking bay for more than the allowed 30 (or 15) minutes, you will need to submit an application form for a parking permit and pay a fee. For some activities you may also need to supply a traffic control plan. Please contact us (02 6023 8111) for more information about requirements for this permit.

Disability parking permit

The Mobility Parking Scheme provides permits for people who have a mobility disability to park in spaces in Albury that have a disabled parking sign.

To get a Mobility Parking Scheme permit, you will need to complete the MPS application form, which you can either get online or pick up from the Albury Service Centre.

Interstate disability parking permits

Disability parking concessions in NSW are different from those just over the border in Victoria. This can cause confusion in both directions. For more information see the Roads and Maritime NSW and VicRoads websites.