Family support services


  • The Albury community has a range of groups that provide support and activities for families such as Play Groups, Toy Library and other networks.  For contact details please refer to the Albury Wodonga Community Guide.

Food assistance

  • Albury Wodonga Regional Food Share is a collaborative service that addresses food insecurity among people experiencing hardship in our region.  Food Share is located at 55 Moorefield Park Drive, Wodonga. T: 02 6055 6979.
  • Glenecho Community Centre provides support and referrals for food parcels. The Centre is located at 949 Burrows Road, Glenroy.  T: 02 6025 9359
  • Westside Community Centre provides support and referrals for food parcels. The Centre is located at 16 Mulga Place, West Albury. T: 02 6041 2236

Legal advice

Grandparent carer benefits

  • Grandparents who are their grandchildren's primary carers can apply for non-parent carer benefits from the Department of Human Services. T: 136 150

Family separation services

Child protection

  • Call the 24-hour Child Protection Helpline to report child abuse and neglect: T: 132 111 (TTY 1800 212 936)

Family violence services

The following organisations provide crisis support and ongoing services for people who experience family violence:

  • Call the 24-hour Domestic Violence Line to report family violence: T: 1800 656 463 (TTY 1800 671 442)
  • Safe Steps (formerly Women's Domestic Violence Crisis Service Victoria) T: 1800 015 188 NSW T: 1800 656 463 (TTY 1800 671 442)
  • National Sexual Assault, Family & Domestic Violence Counselling Line T: 1800 737 732 W:
  • Albury Women's Centre offers counselling, court support, group work and referrals to a variety of health clinics. It's at 645 Olive Street, Albury. T: 02 6041 1977
  • The Immigrant Women's Domestic Violence Service offers free services for women and families in situations of family violence. Interpretation is available in over 20 languages. T: 03 8413 6800  Free call T: 1800 755 988