Bushfire Help | AlburyCity
Site Search
Have you been impacted by bushfires?

Read our guide for information on the assistance available to you

Bushfire Help

This guide provides information and links for people who have been impacted by bushfires and need immediate help.

Emergency Services Information

For the latest information related to current NSW bushfires, you can monitor your local radio stations or go to:

Traffic and road closures:

Rail closures:

If you have been impacted by bushfires, please register with:


The Bushfire Housing Assistance Service provides help with:

  • emergency temporary accommodation
  • a private rental bond and advance rent costs
  • sourcing accommodation options from the private rental and short term housing sector
  • sourcing accommodation options in your local communities or areas where you have family or local networks.

You can access the service by calling the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444, or visit

Albury FACS Housing
Ground Floor, Suite 1, 429 Swift Street (cnr Macauley St) ALBURY 2640
Phone: 02 6041 9666
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm

Homes Out West Incorporated
449B Swift Street ALBURY 2640
Phone: 02 6021 8899
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm Wednesday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Website: www.homesoutwest.com.au

Clean Up

The NSW Government is coordinating the clean-up of NSW residences and businesses impacted by the NSW bushfires. This includes both insured and uninsured properties.

Visit NSW Bushfire Clean-Up to register for help with your clean-up.


If your land borders national park or nature reserves and you've had fences damaged or destroyed in the fires, the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is offering assistance to replace/repair. Visit Assistance for fire-damaged fences for more information.

Animal Welfare

For emergency fodder, stock water and stock assessment, contact Local Land Services on 1800 814 647.

For advice and assistance regarding injured wildlife, visit WIRES Emergency Advice, or call 1300 094 737.

For assistance with pets, livestock (including horses), and wildlife, complete the RSPCA's Bushfire Assistance Form or get in touch with them:

Mental Health and Wellbeing

There is 24/7 help available on the following numbers:

Note: Farmers and business owners in bushfire-affected areas can access Farm Gate counsellors and peer support workers on the Mental Health Line, 1800 011 511.

Air Quality Index (AQI)

The AQI is a report of air quality and indicates how clean or polluted the air is in areas across NSW. For air quality readings that are updated hourly visit Current and forecast air quality.

P2 masks

If you require a face mask in this smoke, pharmacies in and around Albury have received a delivery of face masks, equivalent to P2 standard:

  • Albury City Pharmacy
  • Border Compounding Pharmacy
  • Blooms the Chemist Albury
  • Blooms the Chemist West End
  • Chemist Warehouse Albury
  • Terry White Chemist Albury
  • Gardens Compounding Pharmacy
  • Mate Street Pharmacy
  • Ramsey Pharmacy East Albury
  • Culcairn Pharmacy
  • The Holbrook Pharmacy
  • Miegels Pharmacy Corowa
  • Pharmasave Corowa Discount Pharmacy
  • The Henty Pharmacy
  • Howlong Community Pharmacy
  • Jindera Pharmacy
  • Mulwala Pharmacy
  • Walla Wall Pharmacy
  • Khancoban Chemist
  • The Bush Chemist Tumbarumba
  • Tumbarumba MPS


If you're an NDIS participant in a bushfire-affected region, call 1800 800 110 for priority support. You can also visit NDIS Latest news to find out where the Department of Human Services' Mobile Service Teams are being deployed on a given day.


For advice on how to access medications, prescriptions or Medicare, DVA or Centrelink cards that have been lost or destroyed during the bushfires, visit NSW Health.

Financial Assistance

NSW Government support

NSW Office of Emergency Management

NSW Government Disaster Relief Grants are available for eligible individuals and families whose homes and essential household contents have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster.

Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.

NSW Rural Assistance Authority

To support relief and recovery following a declared natural disaster a range of measures are made available by the NSW Government. These measures include:

  • Disaster Recovery Grants
  • Disaster Relief Loans
    • Primary producers
    • Small business
    • Non-profit organisations
    • Sporting and recreation clubs
  • Transport assistance
    • Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy (for primary producers)

For more information visit raa.nsw.gov.au

NSW Local Land Services

Local Land Services and NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) are on the ground providing assistance to landholders who have been impacted by the fires in NSW. We assist with:

  • emergency fodder
  • emergency stock water
  • veterinary assistance
  • livestock euthanasia and burial
  • livestock feeding and management advice
  • care of animals in evacuation centres

Bee keepers are also eligible for assistance if affected by fire, just like other animal managers. If you require emergency assistance to care for your hives as a result of the recent fires, call the Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline.

If you, or your community have been affected by the fires and have concerns about your livestock, pets, companion animals or wildlife, call the Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 for assistance.

For more information, visit lls.nsw.gov.au/emergency/bushfires

Disaster Recovery Payment

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) provides one-off financial assistance to eligible Australians adversely affected by the bushfires.

The rate of AGDRP is $1,000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child.

Claims for this payment can be lodged with the Department of Human Services for a period up to six months.

For more information on eligibility, visit the Department of Human Services website or contact the Australian Government Information Hotline on 180 22 66 for claims assistance.

Disaster Recovery Allowance

The Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) provides income support payments to employees, primary producers and sole traders who can demonstrate they have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the bushfires.

For eligibility information, visit the Department of Human Services website or contact the Australian Government Information Hotline on 180 22 66 for claims for assistance.


If you’d like to donate goods and services to fire victims, you can do so by visiting www.givit.org.au.

As our community’s hearts go out to fire victims, many people are donating goods to charities but some of those agencies are struggling to get the donations to those who need them.

GIVIT is working with government agencies, councils and not-for-profit organisations to manage donations to those affected by the bushfire emergency in NSW.

Those items donated by individuals and organisations are then matched with affected communities to ensure fire victims get what they need, where and when they need it most.

Donated items will be logged and ONLY IF NEEDED made available to local government, frontline agencies and community service providers supporting people impacted by the disaster.

Through the GIVIT platform councils, charities and not-for-profits can proactively request specific items needed to help re-build communities. These are listed on www.givit.org.au for the general public, agencies and businesses to see exactly what items have been requested.

All money received by GIVIT for NSW Bushfires will be used to purchase essential items, bought from local businesses wherever possible to assist in the economic recovery of affected communities.

Never miss an update
* We'll never share your email with third parties