Building a house

In this section you'll find information about building a house including what type of council approval is needed.

  • Man and woman holiday approval plans

    What approvals do I need?

    Find out what type of application you need to build a house.

    Read more about What approvals do I need?

  • Consruction worker on house framae

    Construction Certificates

    If you've been issued a development consent by Council, you must have a construction certificate before you can commence any building works.

    Read more about Construction Certificates

  • Plumbing & Drainage

    Find forms and information needed to undertake plumbing and drainage work.

    Read more about Plumbing & Drainage

  • house with solar panels on roof

    BASIX Certificates

    The Building Sustainability Index (BASIX) is a scheme designed to reduce greenhouse gasses and water consumption.

    Read more about BASIX Certificates

  • Related Forms/Guidelines for Building a House

    Here you will find all the associated forms and guides to build a house

    Read more about Related Forms/Guidelines for Building a House