Yes, we’ll be more than happy to assist. It's mandatory under NSW Legislation to ensure that your pet is registered with Council.

Once your cat or dog has been microchipped, you then need to register it by 6 months of age. Your pet also needs to wear a collar and an identification tag to assist with identification..

Because all NSW Councils are connected to the state-wide NSW Companion Animals Register, you can register your cat or dog at any Council office. To get started, visit the NSW Pet Registry website.

When you register your cat or dog you will need:

  1. A certificate of microchipping or a letter from your vet
  2. Proof of de-sexing from your vet or a statutory declaration
  3. Any documents which entitle you to a discount (i.e. pension card)

More information, including fees and charges, can be found on our Registration and Microchipping page.

Last updated: 04 Jan 2017 4:02pm