Nanping - Sister City
AlburyCity has had a sister city relationship with the Nanping Municipality, China, since September 2003 when a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the two cities.
The aim of the relationship is to support a close civic friendship that promotes bilateral exchanges and cooperation.
This relationship has resulted in a number of reciprocal visits by officials and community members. The most recent being an AlburyCity led delegation to Nanping in August 2009.
A number of direct actions have been achieved by the relationship, these include:
- The signing of memorandums of understanding between Holy Spirit School and Shiyan Primary School and also between Xavier High School and Jianjin High School, with the aim of regular communication between the students as well as student and teacher exchanges
- The commencement of a relationship between Charles Sturt University, Albury and Wuyi University, Nanping
- Continued trade in dairy bloodstock
- Various sporting and cultural exchanges
- Investigation of tourism and trade opportunities