What do my rates help pay for?
Have you ever wondered what your rates help pay for? To help answer that question, AlburyCity has developed an easy-to-use document that breaks down every $100 of Council's expenditure and shows exactly where that money is invested in the city.
For every $100 in rate revenue collected, Council invests:
- $16 City Improvements
- $13 Sewer Services
- $12 Sustainability and Waste Management
- $10 City Planning
- $10 Arts, Culture and Libraries
- $9 Visitor attraction
- $8 Water services
- $8 Community and Recreation
- $5 Community Health and Safety
- $4 Transport
- $3 Community consultation and Future Planning
- $2 Promoting Albury for business
Download the full 'Your Rates at Work' brochure here