Alexandra Park upgrade one step closer
Council's planned $1.1M upgrade of the Alexandra Park Athletics Complex is one step closer after the Community and Cultural Committee endorsed a prefered tenderer for the project.
Team Sports Pty Ltd has been officially recommended, with its tender coming in at $806,000. The committee's recommendation will be presented to full Council on 22 September.
The upgrade will be a major boost for one of the city's most popular sporting facilities. The new surface will meet IAAF Class 2 Certification, in line with international standards.
The track is used for 50-60 school carnivals each year, weekly seasonal competition for the Albury, Lavington and Jindera little Athletics centres, 1-2 regional track and field championships each year and weekly usage for local athletes and coaches.
- partial reconstruction of the track to repair and reinstate inner track surface and address drainage and settlement issues
- resurface the track with a sandwich polyurethane synthetic surface
- upgrade of track infrastructure including throwing cages and steeplechase jump
- installation of a new concrete combined discuss and hammer circle complete with insert ring
- installation of new concrete edge kerbing around high jump fan, pole vault runway and javelin runway
- extension of the high jump fan
The upgrade is scheduled for completion in February 2015.