Sport and Recreation Grants
Individual Athlete Grants
AlburyCity recognises the significant cost - both time and financial - faced by athletes and their families when they are selected to participate in their chosen sport at a high level.
The Individual Athlete Grants program provides small amounts of funding assistance to Albury residents to assist in the pursuit of their chosen sporting field at a high level of achievement. This amounts to individuals participating in events where they are representing their state or nation in a national or international sporting competition.
This program is open to receive applications year-round.
The 2017/18 grant program can be found here: https://alburycity.smartygrants.com.au
For further information, contact AlburyCity's Parks and Recreation team on (02) 6023 8111.
AlburyCity Sport and Recreation Grants (Infrastructure & Business Planning)
Each year AlburyCity provides funding for sport and recreation organisations to undertake infrastructure improvements, business planning or feasibility studies related to the development of their sport.
The 2017 grant program has now closed.
The successful applications in the 2016 round were:
- Albury Wodonga Rugby Union FC - $15,997 to upgrade pedestrian access and landscaping works
- Lavington Tennis Club - $4,291 to fencing, seating and landscaping
- Albury and Border Kennel Club - $1,200 to dog agility equipment
- Albury United Soccer Club - $6,061 to the purchase of portable soccer goals
- East Albury Cricket Club - $5,000 to the purchase of a cricket roller
- Albury Wodonga Table Tennis Association - $3,974 to construct an outdoor undercover area
- North Albury Bowls Club - $2,506 to install roofing to spectator areas
- Wirlinga Pony Club - $4,725 to relocate and construct a multi-purpose arena
- Albury Thunder Junior Rugby League Club - $20,000 to install ground lighting
Other Funding Opportunities
Grants Not Currently Open
|Grant Program||Type of Grant||Funds Available||Details|
|NSW Sport and Recreation Local Sport Grants||Facility Development, Sport Development, Sport Access, Community Sport Events||Various||Closed in Nov 2016|
|NSW Community Building Partnerships||Facility Development||Up to $200,000||Closed in Jul 2016|
|Holden Home Ground Advantage Grants||Facility Development||Up to $100,000||Closed in Aug 2016|
|Commonwealth Bank Not-for-Profit Treasurers' Awards||Volunteer Recognition||$5,000||Closed in Aug 2016|