Albury Entertainment Centre
Albury's new art museum
- Libraries and Museum
Parks and Playgrounds
Sports and Leisure
Retro Youth Cafe
Opened in 2007, the LibraryMuseum has been a game changer for the Albury.
It has won multiple national awards for architecture and has been widely recognised for its success in attracting community users and other visitors. Today, the LibraryMuseum has around 220,000 visitors a year.
It brings together state-of-the-art technology, reading and research facilities, heritage and interactive exhibitions - all for free.
Crossing Place: A Story of Albury
This stunning multimedia exhibition is on permanent display in the main galleries of the LibraryMuseum.
Crossing Place uses objects, audio and film to tell the story of Albury from first contact with the Wiradjuri people, traditional owners of the land, to the city we share today. Highlights include:
- Wiradjuri Talkback, celebrating the perspectives and traditional knowledge of the region's Aboriginal people
- The Bonegilla Story, exploring the immigration experiences of those who passed through the migrant reception centre at Bonegilla. This stunning exhibition, told through objects, audio and film, is on permanent display in the main galleries of the LibraryMuseum.
Pick up an audio tour to be guided through the exhibits while listening to stories and memories that will carry you back into Albury's history or book a free guided tour.
- Free internet access for an hour per day and free wi-fi for wireless enabled laptops.
- Computers available with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Kidspace computers with filtering software
- Wide range of online databases and family and historical archives on CD-ROM
- Printing and photocopying (charges apply)
- Microfilm and microfiche readers/printers at the Library Museum with access to the library's Border Mail on microfilm archive
- CD listening stations at the LibraryMuseum
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Tuesday and Friday
|10.00am - 7.00pm|
|10.00am - 5.00pm|
|10.00am - 4.00pm|
|12.00pm - 4.00pm|